There is hardly any article about marketing and content from the past few years that you will read without seeing people mentioning the need for video. It is a two-for-one ROI machine because it subscribes to the seeing is believing ideology and it creates a more personal relationship between a brand and its customers. Customers feel more involved, they feel they know the product more after seeing a video.
According to a statistics conducted by mwpdigitalmedia.com:
- Every week, 78% of people watch videos online.
- Each day sees 55% of people watching videos online.
- Half of all mobile traffic is accounted for by online video.
- 65% of video viewers watch about two-thirds of the video.
- More than 80% of senior executives watch the online video now more than they did a year ago.
- Most business executives – 75% – of business executives watch work-related videos at least once a week.
- According to 59% of senior executives, if provided with both text and video they prefer to watch the video.
- Using the word ‘video’ emails subject line boosts open rates by 19%
YouTube redefined the way we see video, Facebook wooed us by showing us how much more we can achieve with video content marketing. After spending $2 billion on acquiring Oracle’s VR – even though the return on investment wasn’t close to the money spent – Facebook literarily changed the game. With its completely new and extremely interactive way of marketing a product or a brand on social media through the 3D video posts that allow viewers to see from a 360-degree perspective.
Content marketing is a world of its own and business owners are only just tapping into its potentials. Already, Wyzowl statistics show that 63% of businesses have started using video content marketing. Out of those, 82% of businesses feel video marketing is an important part of their strategy. And 83% of businesses believe that video marketing gives them a good ROI.
Benefits of video content marketing:
- Builds Trust – the difference between a jump-ship customer and a loyal customer is trust. A loyal customer has been giving a reason or enough evidence to believe in the brand. Many people are skeptical about buying products or services online due to one bad experience or the other; or the information they got from people who have been in a bad place with online brands. A strategic, informational and conversational video will help build a customer’s of potential customers trust towards the brand.
- Conversion – video content bring in more buyers and increase sales when the video walks customers through the product or services
- Improved Open and Click-Through Rates – stringing the right words together, providing potential customers with all the necessary information for an email campaign is not easy; but such efforts often end up wasted as potential clients do not bother to read through. However, statistics have shown that video content boosts rate by 29%. Now you know how many people watched the video, how many times they watched it or where they stopped watching. Basically, you know what you’re doing right and what to improve on.
- SEO – most website owners often wonder why their website does not rank on Google, for example. The reason is often that your “trust percentage” is very low. When people rarely stay on your site, search engines assume you’re not providing worthy content or the visitors simply do not trust you.
With video contents marketing making waves, websites with video content will rate higher than websites without. This is because the more time people spend watching the video, the more search engine finds them trustworthy.
- Increase sales – video content has four superpowers – it grabs attention, elicit emotion, its perceived value boosts website traffic and the rate of click-through, and it aids clarity. These superpowers combined together increases sales exponentially.
Video content should be a tool in every marketer’s arsenal. But, like every new technology, it is important to know how to use it in order to enjoy its full benefits.